Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Manning Deal of the Day: Making Java Groovy

Today's (Wednesday, March 2, 2011) Manning Deal of the Day is an offer to purchase the in-progress Manning Early Access Edition (MEAP) of Making Java Groovy with a pbook (printed) and ebook when the book is completed (estimated Fall 2011). The deal is the MEAP+pbook (includes ebook) for $25 plus shipping. The promotional code to use for this deal is located in the top right corner of the main Manning page under the section "DEAL OF THE DAY."

I have purchased and read large portions of three Groovy books: Groovy Recipes: Greasing the Wheels of Java, Programming Groovy, and Groovy in Action (Second Edition expected Summer 2011). I like all three books and have found that each has its advantages and disadvantages and that I really like the comprehensive coverage provided by all three books. With that being stated, I did not expect to be interested in another Groovy book, but the description and table of contents for Making Java Groovy appeal to me. In many ways, it sounds like this book is going to cover Groovy in exactly the way I use it. I look forward to the completion and delivery of this book.

No comments: